Pages

Create ~ Inspire ~ Share

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Valentine's Day Countdown!

Hi Everyone!

Can you believe that we are in February already? Where does the time go?!  I thought it would be fun to have a Valentine's Day Countdown! Everyday leading up to Valentine's Day, I will post a "LOVE" themed project.

To start it off, I have a picture frame that I found at Michaels for $1!  I painted it with white acrylic paint (took 3 coats) and waited for it to dry thoroughly.  I then used my silhouette to cut out the intricate heart design on red vinyl.  I had a little bit of trouble getting it to stick, but once it was on there it stayed.  I then added a few rhinestones to the inside of the heart for a little sparkle!

I wanted to keep this frame simple so I just added some black ribbon and used a heart shaped brad to attach it.  The sentiment is from Pink by Design.




I really like how it turned out and that it really only cost about $1!  Might use this idea and make a frame for every holiday ;-)


Have a great day!


~Rebekah

No comments: