Pages

Create ~ Inspire ~ Share

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Awana Grand Prix

Good Morning!
First off, it is my day to post over at Pink by Design so head on over and check out the fun Easter basket I made ;-)

Both of my little guys are in Awana at our church and last week was the Grand Prix.  Each child gets a wooden car to put together and decorate and then they race each other on a pretty cool downhill track.  My husband is in charge of putting the tires and weights on, and it is my job to decorate them! (My kids are still a little young to do their own)

My youngest loves Lightning McQueen so I tried to make his car resemble him the best I could.  I used vinyl for the lightning and then used my cars digital kit for the 95 and Rusteze symbols which I put on with modge podge. The rest of the details were painted on with acrylic paint from Michaels.



I decided to do something a little different for my other son's car and make it a beach theme.  I painted the car blue, sponged on brown around the bottom to look like sand and then used vinyl for the surfboards, palm trees and crab.  I then painted on the eyes and the bumper/fender.  All of the vinyl cuts were found in the silhouette store and I scaled them down to fit the car.  I love how small it can cut and still give that detail!




fun, huh!?

My boys were excited to race their cars and ended up getting 2nd and 3rd place for design ;-)




Just another fun way to use the silhouette for something other than paper projects!!

Have a great day!

~Rebekah

2 comments:

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

These are awesome!! My son would love them. He started with Cars and now he's into the real thing. He loves Formula 1! Thanks for sharing!!

Yoshiras time to craft said...

Love them.so talented.great scene on the blue car.