Today I wanted to share with you my first "Subway Art" Project! I got this hard 9x12 canvas for free from Michaels a few months ago and was just holding onto it until I could figure out what to do with it.
I thought it would work great for something Valentine's Day and I had a bunch of red vinyl I was trying to use up. I created all the words with fonts from my computer and placed the words where I wanted them.
My problem came when I tried to adhere the vinyl to the canvas. IT WON'T STICK!! I was so annoyed but wasn't giving up. I actually went word by word and put a thin layer of modge podge underneath. Unfortunately, not everything ended up super straight because it slipped around but now it is dry and not going anywhere.
I definitely love the look of it and I have some ideas for my kitchen and other areas using this technique. I just need to figure out what is going to work best!
Oh well... live, learn and then try it again a different way :-)
Have a great day!