Pages

Create ~ Inspire ~ Share

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fun Birthday Gift idea Part 2

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I showed you some fun aprons that I did for a birthday gift. Today, I am going to show you the rest of the gift. This idea can be used for other celebrations or holidays also, just change up the sentiment on it.

I found this adorable idea on papertrey inks site. I wrapped a box of cake mix with two pieces of cardstock. Box sizes are all a little different so just measure it out before you do it. I then added a strip of card stock that I had scored to fit tubes filled with sprinkles. I found my tubes at hobby lobby in the jewelry section. I believe I got six of them for less than two dollars with my coupon! I then used another piece of cardstock to make the cover that goes over the tubes.
I then wrapped one piece of ribbon up and around both sides of the box to give it handles and make it sturdy. I can carry it by the handles and it holds the weight perfectly.

The front pocket I designed on my own my measuring, cutting and scoring until it fit. I used one of my border punches for the top.

I found the zebra print paper at hobby lobby and thought it would be perfect to match the aprons from yesterday. I then used the print and cut function on my silhouette to get the cute cupcake tag for the front.

To finish it off, I hand cut the flap on the top and secured it with velcro. This makes it easy to open it to get to the sprinkles! The twine and Happy Birthday sentiment are both from Pink by Design!







I absolutely love how this turned out and I am definitely going to give a lot of these this year! So easy and inexpensive to do!

Have a great day!

Rebekah

3 comments:

Melody said...

You are ROCKIN' that Silhouette, aren't you? Totally ♥ yesterday's aprons!
I am SO pinning this cute cupcake kit!

Sharon said...

I love this x

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

This is just the cutest thing I've seen in awhile! What a great idea and I love the hot pink and zebra. I saw your blog listed on the "Silhouette Users" fb page and thought I would stop by for a visit. Love your work!