Pages

Create ~ Inspire ~ Share

Friday, July 26, 2013

Back to School!

Hi Everyone,
I am super excited to show you a project that I have been working on this week!  My oldest is starting kindergarten and I wanted to put together a special place to keep track of his school papers, schedule and backpack.

I headed over to Ikea and found this magnetic chalkboard (It had so much potential and I knew I could make it work!)

Before:

I painted it to match my laundry room since that is where I wanted to hang it.  I had some scrapbook paper that matched perfect so I adhered it to the back for a little more pop of color.  I created the magnets using washi tape, clothespins and magnets.  The frame was in a two pack from Ikea.  I used more washi tap and then stamped my son's name along the bottom.  Each year I am going to add his handprint to the frame to see how much he has grown!  The can on the left I found at Michaels and I added some washi tape to that also.  It will be perfect for holding pencils and extra supplies throughout the school year :-)

This chalkboard came with hooks on the bottom that are going to hold his backpack each day (so we won't be searching for it every morning!)

Finished Product:


I LOVE LOVE LOVE how it turned out!  I doesn't take up any floor space and fits perfectly in my laundry room.  My little guy is so excited to have a space all his own just to keep his school stuff!

Thanks for stopping by today!!

~Rebekah

1 comment:

L.B. said...

so much fun and loving the colors.